Thursday, December 16, 2004

New Life

Okay - I've been picked on for "ignoring" the Pigskin Pick 'Em this year. I beg to differ. I say I've been focused on our son. What no one else knows, I'm sure, is the very little sleep I've been getting in between beck-and-call nursings of our dear little addition. He needs to be fed anywhere from every one to three hours. It's completely unpredictable (I was warned about this, but it's not real until you're in the middle of it). I love it, I love him....it does not, however, leave me highly motivated to pick which football team may or may not win this week. I'm more concerned with sleeping when Logan sleeps, eating when Logan eats, and still trying to get Bill's dinner on the table, get laundry done, get to the grocery store, and sometimes, just stop Logan from crying. I would not change a thing, but please forgive me for really not caring right now what my Pigskin standing is....my son comes first, my husband and home second, and my catch-up cat-naps third....It isn't easy, but it's wonderful. I'll be back to the weekly thing with a vengeance next year!

posted by Anonymous, 7:59 PM

1 Buffaloes were bitter enough to post comments:


Blogger Bill Purdy, said:
You know, hon', I hate to burst your bubble, but EVERYONE knows you're not getting sleep. That's why the first thing anyone asks you when they see you is "have you been getting any sleep?" Sleep or not, Pigskin Pick 'Em takes precious little time to do each week. So I stand by my "you're ignoring it" comment. As for Bill Cross and Matt Soden, maybe those guys need to take a little MORE time to make their picks. When four people who haven't made a pick all year are ahead of you in the standings, clearly you don't have what it takes to do that job right (how Soden manages to do it year in and year out will forever elude me).
...on December 16, 2004 8:40 PM  

Add a comment