Saturday, February 05, 2005

Connections and Relationships

For some reason recently I've been reflecting on my life. Perhaps it has to do with my kids. Anyway, I look at them and think about how lucky I am and then begin to think of all the things in my life that had to happen/come together for them to be alive. I kind of traced it all the way back to the college I chose.

From going to SLU there were a series of decisions, personal and career-based that eventually brought me back to Syracuse where I met Jeannine. And obviously, without her Sebastian and Isabelle would never have been born. Kind of funny to think of them as the end result of a long string of unintended consequences. Obviously they are more than that to me but I think about the fact that if I did one thing differently, one different decision, and they wouldn't be alive and part of my life. Come to think of it, I wonder who my friends would be, what my life would be like, what sort of a person I would be had I gone to a different college.

I've got to say, I am pretty much satisfied with how things have turned out. Sure, there are struggles. I wish I could afford to buy a new car. Or get my kitchen remodled. But these are simply things. Objects. The important stuff like the people in my life. My family. My friends. My wife and kids. My health. This is all pretty good. (Granted, I could stand to lose a few pounds, but in general, I've got it good.)

I'm not sure the point of this. I guess there really doesn't have to be one really.

posted by Anonymous, 9:27 PM

1 Buffaloes were bitter enough to post comments:


Blogger Pat Angello, said:
I like it! I think about that as well. What if I never went to that hockey game? What if I never ran into my coworker once I walked in the door of the arena? We spoke for a minute, then decided to meet between periods near a bar on the concourse. While I was standing there, some girl that looked familiar to me walked up, bonked me on the head with a poster and said, "I know you - you're Pat Angello. We went to high school together."

We were married a year and a half later and she's the best thing that ever happened to me. We never would have dated in high school - it took 10 years of odd experiences to bring our values together, and we're extremely happy.

Thanks for the great blog!
...on February 07, 2005 5:27 PM  

Add a comment