Thursday, April 21, 2005

Blech!

So, as the result of a certain set of circumstances, Bill and I ended up watching American Idol the last couple of nights. I had forgotten, in my total avoidance of reality tv, how atrocious this show is. Now granted, I did my best to keep my nose in my book, but the irritating flash and noise from the show drew my attention inevitably. I so don't care. These folks are terrible singers, choosing awful songs. Simon's cracks are as canned as I've ever heard lines, and he sits there and waits patiently for the first guy's middle-of the-road-trying-to-be-constructive comments to end, then Paula Abdul's overly cheerful, cheerleader-y (think too much pep from HS) unfailingly positive comments to end, so he can use the line he's pulled off his cuff for this performer. I mean literally off his cuff, or the leg of his jeans, where he's written them. These shows are, to me, the tangible results of the dumbing down of America. Congratulatons.

posted by Anonymous, 2:08 PM

1 Buffaloes were bitter enough to post comments:


Blogger Pat Angello, said:
I couldn't agree more with both of you. In fact, when i saw an article in EW about upcoming reality shows, it scared me so much I had to write my own article: http://patangello.blogspot.com/2005/04/unreal.html
...on April 26, 2005 1:11 PM  

Add a comment