Monday, July 18, 2005

Back in the Saddle: The Bitter Buffalo CD Club lives!

Ola amigos! Been a long time since I rapped at ya, but my ride broke down, and my boss at the corn dog stand gave me the shaft, and...

Anyhoo. I'm back. For a while, anyway. And I must say, I truly missed you. All 300+ of you who've stopped by here since I last posted and discovered no new content here from me. Your patience is monumental. You are all great people.

I'll start (and finish -- I might be back today, but I'm still as lazy as I was yesterday) with a follow-up to my CD Club proposal a while back. Pat, Matt, and Beth (and me) are the club's inaugural four members. Anyone else who wants to join merely needs to post a comment to this post and we'll squeeze you in.

Pat's chomping at the bit to make his disc (I even know the secret theme, but I'm not spilling the beans), so he can go first. I'll go next, Matt third, and Beth last (order determined by coin flip, believe it or not). Pat's disc is due in the mail to the other three of us (feel free to send one copy for both Beth and myself) by August 15. Mine is due September 15. Matt's is due October 15, and Beth's is due November 15.

Only people in the club get a disc, but I am asking you to post the tracklist here, on this blog, the day you put the discs in the mail. That way, everyone else can comment on your selections and get all jealous they didn't sign up.

I will send a spreadsheet with addresses, etc. to club members' email shortly. Meantime, get crackin'. You have CDs to compile.

posted by Bill Purdy, 2:00 PM

2 Buffaloes were bitter enough to post comments:


Blogger Pat Angello, said:
No Cross? C'mon!
...on July 19, 2005 10:57 AM  

Blogger Bill Purdy, said:
Cross begged off the initial round, citing "lack of CD burning equipment." He could have also cited "lack of participation in blog to date, due to a snooty, holier-than-thou, "I don't DO blogs" attitude.

I think he'll be compelled to participate, though, as soon as he starts to see our tracklists posted here (because, though he doesn't DO blogs, I have it on good authority he LURKS at this one from time to time).
...on July 19, 2005 12:02 PM  

Add a comment