Friday, July 22, 2005

My Insanely Ambitious Summer Reading List

I decided I don't read enough. So, in typical fashion, I have assembled a stack of books I'd like to hammer my way through over the next several months. Here is what I have so far. Feel free to amend or suggest order:

Currently reading:

Books in queue:
A conservative estimate of total pages represented here is over 7,000. That's more pages than I have read in all of the last two years. Do you think I can do it?

posted by Bill Purdy, 9:57 AM

1 Buffaloes were bitter enough to post comments:


Blogger Bill Purdy, said:
Hey, Brooks. Welcome to the Buffalo.

I must confess I bought the DFW the day it was released -- I hammered the clerks at the local B & N for a week, until one day they finally had a copy sitting behind the counter for me. I took it home and eagerly consumed about a quarter of it in one night. But, like you, I got bogged down in the math. I put the book on the shelf and haven't attempted it until now.

It's ironic that we're talking about a book wherein one of America's more difficult writers attempts to make simple some very difficult mathematical concepts.
...on July 27, 2005 9:31 AM  

Add a comment