Monday, July 25, 2005

Piranha!

OK, I swear I did not make this up. This is, in fact, pretty much the kind of thing that happens to me here at work every day.

My buddy Dave and I have the same job. We share an office and we spend an awful lot of time together. I have no problem describing him as a bit of a goofball, just as he'd have no problem describing me the same way.

But this takes the cake. See, Dave just bought a boat: a 19-foot motorboat he can tow to local lakes, back into the water, skipper out to some remote spot, then kill the engine and... I guess sit around. My understanding of boating is that's what's fun about it. And he seems to enjoy it, so who am I to bitch?

Well, he was out on the lake yesterday, wading in the water in the middle of the lake, and he got a leg cramp. And while he was thrashing in the water, he felt something on his back. Once the pain in his leg subsided, he investigated more closely. A fish was nibbling at him -- in fact, it could have been several fishes. They weren't nibbling at his fingers or his toes... noooo, that would be normal. These fishes were nibbling at a skin tag on his back.

In case this wasn't clear: The fishes were trying to eat a nasty, dangly mole, on Dave's back.

I know about this because Dave came into the office this morning complaining about his sore skin tag. He even lifted his shirt up and let me take a look at it. Yup, I saw, that tiny little brown flap of skin appeared to be seriously irritated. Little marks that could have been bite marks surrounded a puffy brown-red flap in the middle of a vast, pale expense of back skin.

Is it any wonder I've been feeling kinda queasy all day?

posted by Bill Purdy, 11:54 AM

1 Buffaloes were bitter enough to post comments:


Blogger Pat Angello, said:
That is LOL funny! Maybe they thought it was that fleshy, flappy fish food?

Bleh!
...on July 25, 2005 3:34 PM  

Add a comment