Tuesday, August 02, 2005

Fun with Office Torture

Why, oh why, must people make noise other than typing while IMing?!? I share an office with someone, who for some reason, feels the need to giggle, comment, and look around as if checking to see if I'm paying attention while she's IMing someone else. PLEASE MAKE IT STOP.

The annoyance level on this is similar to people who chew gum so you can hear it from over 4 feet away.

Her faulty logic assumes I care anything for her chat activities, which I don't except that the noise stop. 8 hours every day I'm in a little room while the chatting (silent and not so silent) occurs. I can only think (flattering myself, of course) she cares what I think enough to see if I'm paying attention and/or reacting with interest to her. That angle is sort of nice for the ego.

However, for those of us that love IM as a form of communication, a test of our verbal conversation abilities, and sometimes a covert mode, it's a buzz kill.

posted by Anonymous, 7:47 AM

2 Buffaloes were bitter enough to post comments:


Blogger Bill Purdy, said:
I am shocked shocked SHOCKED! I tell you! Shocked! Purdygirl posted in my blog! To what do I owe this good fortune?

Seems I owe it to her officemate, Terra, who types noisily.

Well, what's good for Purdygirl is good for me! Huzzah!
...on August 02, 2005 9:31 AM  

Blogger Pat Angello, said:
Maybe Tom IS a nut?

I honestly had to leave my desk yesterday because I was cracking up so hard at something I was writing to that husband of yours. I felt like a tool!
...on August 03, 2005 9:53 AM  

Add a comment