Wednesday, August 10, 2005

Yeah! CYHS Yeah!

Frustrated by my inability to get my hands on Pitchfork darlings Clap Your Hands Say Yeah's debut CD (PFM gave it a 9.0, which puts it in the Top Five new releases for 2005), I finally clicked on the Buy It From Insound link and placed an order with these online indie purveyors of indie sound.

And I am well impressed.

My initial order was discounted 25% as part of a summertime promotion (that ends Labor Day, so get crackin'), which offset the cost of shipping as well as the entire cost of the Caribou Tour CD. Nice. And they've since offered to discount my next order 10%.

Prices aren't too bad to begin with, especially if you factor into the "hard to find" aspect of much of their inventory (the CYHSY was particularly irritating, as it's received much coverage but is to date self-released -- you won't find it anywhere else). And shipping is slightly pricey, so you'll want to order more titles less frequently.

As for CYHSY... well, I am perfectly pleased with my purchase. I hear snippets of Radiohead, Talking Heads, Broken Social Scene, and at least a dozen other indie bands I've liked since 1995 in it. But I won't be able to provide a more comprehensive review until I've heard it a few more times.

One thing I know for sure: it's a keeper.

posted by Bill Purdy, 10:56 AM

0 Buffaloes were bitter enough to post comments:

Add a comment