Saturday, December 17, 2005

Canes That Much Better

Weird night at the RBC, as I went to the game alone for the first time all season. My record on the season is still perfect -- the Canes stuffed the Devils 4-1 (Brindy with his third straight, then Chad LaRose with his first in the Show, the game winner wouldn't ya know, and Eric and Erik capping a 3-goal third period).

I'm a Colorado guy, always will be no matter how long I live in the Carolinas, so there's a bit of a soft spot in my heart for the former Colorado Rockies (and Kansas City Scouts, but I digress). But that spot is so small as to be hardly visible anymore. Imagine my reaction when Devils fan "Ted" said to his (fat, skanky) wife, "Fran," after the shootaround:

(Looking around at the crowd, idly fingering his Devils' logo): "One thing for sure, there's a lot more Devils fans here than Panthers' fans!"

Fran's response: "That's for sure!"

But I was by myself, as Beth opted for sleep at 9:00 over a 9:45 return home from the game, so I just grumbled quietly to myself. Idiots.

One more small observation that must be made: David Lee has done a wonderful job enumerating the rules of sweater-wearing at hockey games (though I don't agree with all of them). I wonder what he'd have to say about the fat guy in the section next to mine wearing a Canes away sweater with the number 69, and the name "DOKTALOV." If it were up to me, I'd kick the guy the fuck outta there.

Idiot.

posted by Bill Purdy, 11:01 PM

2 Buffaloes were bitter enough to post comments:


Blogger Pat Angello, said:
Somehow, I can picture DOKTALOV and the van he drives.
...on December 18, 2005 7:25 PM  

Blogger d-lee, said:
I am steadfastly against the use of the number 69 on a hockey sweater. Especially in conjunction with any attempt at a "clever" name.

I would certainly be in favor of kicking the shit out of that guy.
...on December 21, 2005 2:38 AM  

Add a comment